Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thing #8 - Make life "really simple" with RSS & a newsreader

So I signed up for the RSS feed, these are the sites that I am receiving via RSS....

Progressive Ruin--a comic book blog.
Blabbermouth--a heavy metal news site
Entertainment Weekly--I added this out of guilt due to me no longer subscribing to them in print form
FreeDarko--a NBA blog
Pensburgh--a Pittsburgh Penguins blog
Blueland Blog--an Atlanta Thrasher blog
SLC Dunk--a Utah Jazz blog
TUAW--a blog about Apple, Inc. and all their awesome products
Jim Hill Media--a blog about Disney things
Comic Book Resources--a comics news site

It was a nice set up, with everything coming to your reader at once. But to me there was something lacking. I don't know if it was the lack of anticipation when there is a new post. Maybe its that the reader kind of ignores the typography or layout of the original sites. I guess I'll stick to viewing the websites by themselves for now.

However, I can see how this would be great for library web sites. You could set up a RSS feed with progamming updates to make it easier for library customers to find out what is going on.

No comments: