Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing #13 - Tagging, folksonomies & social bookmarking in del.icio.us

A lot of the services we have looked at so far, I have only had a mild interest in. Delicious, on the other hand, is something that I could see myself getting into very much. I like the idea of saving my favorites as a web page and having a great way to organize them.

This is much better than just bookmarking pages to your web browser for two reasons:
  1. At home, I use two different computers, depending on where I am in the house. Having everything bookmarked/indexed/organized on Delicious makes it much easier to keep track of the websites I regularly visit, as it would be available on any computer with Internet access.
  2. Since I use Macs at home, I prefer to use Safari as my web browser. Unfortunately, some websites aren't designed with that webkit in mind, and I have to view them with Firefox. Again, it would be easier to bookmark/index websites that I regularly visit on on Delicious as opposed to having two sets of the same bookmarks on two different browsers.
Anyway, go Delicious. It's awesome.

No comments: