Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thing #11 - A thing about Library Thing

So I signed up for Library Thing, which is pretty cool. Library Thing allows you to set up a virtual reality version of your book collection. Best of all, it allows you to add search tags to your books. LibraryThing users seem to be really into tagging books, which allows you to find books on any topic. I can see this being really beneficial to the people who work at the reference and circ desks be able to help our customers find books.

I embedded the LibraryThing widget on my blog. You can check it out over in the top right corner or here.

One thing of note is that you can see how popular your library is. LibraryThing bases this on how many registered users have that title. My most popular book is Chuck Klosterman's Killing Yourself To Live. 748 other LibraryThing users have that book. The other titles in my selection have about 30-40 owners each. 

Ouch.

I guess I'm too obscure for my own good. :)

No comments: